Do you know that air conditioners do more than cooling the air? They remove humidity from the air, making it cozier, and maintain a pleasant temperature throughout the year. Therefore, you shouldn’t ignore the fact that it needs proper care from time to time. A dirty air-conditioning unit can invite several health problems because of the growing bacteria, microorganisms, and dust.
To ensure that your air conditioner works efficiently while making your home comfy, you need to maintain your unit. Managing your AC unit well will expand its lifespan and provide greater efficiency. With a few easy steps, you can keep your air conditioning unit running smoothly.
First of all, you need to understand the parts of your air-conditioning system. It has two components: the indoor unit, which sits inside your home, and the outdoor unit, also called the compressor. Since the primary parts of AC units are the same, you can follow the below maintenance steps from time to time to care for your system.
- Fix a base temperature. Avoid constantly switching your Air Conditioner’s thermostat and set an initial temperature. Once you fix your base temperature, then leave your unit alone and maintain it. Not keeping the temperature constant will result in wearing out of the system and will add up to the expenses.
- Keep the compressor clean. If there are plants or tree limbs, or branches around the condenser, remove them. Hanging leaves, sticks, or dirt may result in overloading and may hinder air movement. It is essential to keep your home neat and tidy if you want to ensure that your air conditioner unit runs smoothly.
- Replace the filters routinely. Change the filters of the conditioning unit regularly to get maximum filtration efficiency. Pure air will come inside, and your home will smell fresh if you keep the filters clean. Experts suggest changing the filters once a month for the proper functioning of the filtration system.
- Keep the outer doors and windows shut. You may think that open windows will allow fresh air to come in, but it puts a lot of load on the air conditioning unit. The outside air will come in and disturb the cooling process. Hence, close all the doors and while the AC is on. You can turn on the ceiling fan as it will allow the circulation of air in the room.
- Let a professional do maintenance work. You can do some simple maintenance by yourself but find a professional to check your air conditioning system. The professionals will examine the components of units and will clean them. Have a scheduled maintenance session per year to keep your unit functioning well.
These easy steps may not take much of your time but ensures that your air conditioning unit works great throughout the year. Keeping everything clean, tidy, and free of debris is the key. But make sure that you wear gloves in your hand before you handle the components of the system. Care for your AC unit well, and in return, it will care for your home. …